1 6oz container of plain yogurt (or 3/4 cup yogurt)
1 yogurt container of vegetable oil
1 packet of leuvre chimique (2 tsp baking powder) (*can skip if using self-rising flour*)
2 yogurt containers of sugar
3 yogurt containers of flour
To Make:Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C or Oven level 6)
Mix ingredients in a large bowl.
Pour mixture into a greased cake pan or cupcake liners.
Bake at 350 for 35 minutes (less for cupcakes) or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Let cake cool partly before removing from pan, then cool entirely on a wire rack before frosting.
- sub brown sugar for white sugar
- add 2 tsp pumpkin spice mix (1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, 1/4 tsp all spice and 1/4 tsp ground cloves)
- top with cream cheese frosting (1 package or 3oz cream cheese softened, 1/3 cup butter softened, 1 tsp vanilla, 2 cups powdered sugar)
Pumpkin Spice Cake
- prepare as spice cake above but add canned pumpkin puree to batter before baking
- prepare as spice cake above but add shredded carrots, chopped walnuts, and golden raisins to batter before baking.
Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- add cocoa powder to mix before baking
- top with a chocolate sour cream frosting (1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, 1/4 butter, 1/2 cup sour cream, 1 tsp vanilla, 1/4 tsp salt, 2 1/2-2 3/4 cups confectioners sugar, melt butter, chocolate and sour cream together, add rest of ingredients and beat till smooth)
Chocolate Coconut Cake
- prepare as chocolate cake above but add shredded coconut to batter before baking
- sprinkle coconut on top of chocolate frosting for decoration
Chocolate Coffee Cake
- prepare as chocolate cake above but add instant coffee to mix before baking
- Add rainbow sprinkles to mix before baking
- Top with creamy butter frosting (1/3 cup butter, 3 1/2 cups confectioners sugar, 3-4 Tbsp milk, 1 tsp vanilla, 1/4 tsp salt, cream together and beat till light and fluffy) and more rainbow sprinkles or chocolate candies
- add lemon extract to batter
- add lemon zest if desired
- top with a glaze (powdered sugar and milk)
Apple Rum Cake
- add thinly sliced, diced or shredded apples to batter
- add a Tbsp of Cognac or Rum
Add Different Mix-ins: coconut, walnuts, cocoa powder, instant coffee, shredded carrot, raisins, chocolate chips, pecans, almond extract, orange extract, dried apricots (snipped into small chunks), craisens, espresso...
Vary Yogurt Flavors: cherry, banana, blueberry, strawberry, pineapple, vanilla...
Vary Frostings and Toppings: glaze (powdered sugar and milk), chocolate frosting, buttercream frosting, cream cheese frosting, caramel sauce, a sprinkling of powdered sugar, whip cream, a sprinkling of cocoa powder, Nutella...